Sunday, February 8, 2009

Movies galore

It was a busy weekend on the movie front (thanks to my roommate :)

I started out with The Duchess. Kiera Knightly isn't my favorite actress, but she does to a good job. The movie was well-acted--I liked who I was supposed to and hated who I was supposed to. The layers were there for the characters. The costumes and sets were fabulous. But, the movie was depressing. I got to the end and I was just sad. End result: won't be viewing this one again soon.

Saturday had a return engagement of Down Periscope. This is one of the movies I own. When it came out oh-so-many-years ago, I thought it looked stupid, but my brother got me to watch it, and it is indeed a very funny movie. Purchase-worthy indeed.

Second movie of the double Saturday feature was Blood and Chocolate. I didn't know much about this movie going in--just watch the Blockbuster envelope said. I found it pretty entertaining and wouldn't count out watching it again at some point. Interesting point: the main actor, Hugh Dancy, got engaged to Claire Danes this week.

more weekend movies next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment