Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thirtieth Olympiad

I love the Olympics. I fall for every ridiculous, cheesy overdramatized moment. I cry at the truly dramatic ones. I get into it. And yet, after a long weekend away with my family, when I wasn't taken away every day by work and instead could enjoy the Olympics at least in the background for four days straight, I think I may have reached saturation. Except that it is still on in the next room as I type this. So...addiction? Yep. It's only four more days and then I have to wait two years, so I may as well enjoy it. Maybe some day I'll even get there (as a spectator...I've long since given up dreams of making it there as an athlete...)

Favorite moments so far (either viewed, read about, or watched online)
Team USA beats Canada in soccer to get into the gold medal match...that was drama!
Missy Franklin...pretty much everything she was a part of, including that Call Me Maybe video.
Misty May-Treaner and Kerri Walsh Jennings three-peat in sand volleyball...their celebration was pretty epic.
Men's basketball players popping up at all of the events to show support...seriously, if you could, wouldn't you? (This also goes for the royals.) So fun!

I'm kinda sad that I haven't gotten more time in watching the lesser known sports like water polo, judo, and archery. But there is only so much time in the day...and I so love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment