Monday, January 19, 2009

Janet E, Stephenie Meyer, and C.S. Lewis

I recently started reading (due to the encouragement of a friend) the Janet Evanovich series about Stephanie Plum, bounty hunter extraordinaire. These books are seriously addictive, as is evidenced by my being on book 7 after approximately 15 days of having them. Mostly they are just funny. She is inept; the men are gorgeous; the criminals are ready to shoot, maim, and slap. Overall, very entertaining.

Also on the hit list currently...Stephenie Meyer's tag on to the Twilight Series, Midnight Sun. It got leaked, she posted it so that people like me could read it without feeling guilty about it being out there without permission (gotta love that.) I only read one chapter (I read the saga about 6 weeks ago) but it is already fantastic...and this is without editing. She has yet to finish it, but with what I've read so far, even after reading the rest, I'm sure I will purchase this as a companion to the rest of the series. Fabulous!

I'm also reading The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis with a few friends. So far, it is hazy. It hasn't gotten discussion going yet, but I have great hopes for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment