Wednesday, November 4, 2009

In the Waves

I've had lots of ups and downs recently...this buying a home thing is intense. Don't get me wrong, nothing has gone wrong. Just intense.

In the meantime, I've been reading and watching...and dressing up. Yep, I actually participated in Halloween this year, and I have the partially used can of fake blood to prove it. For the record, when you tell someone, without context, that you are going to be a "dead grandma" for Halloween, they look at you kinda strangely and then brush past the subject.

So the story goes that a few friends from work and I have recently (for the last few months actually) been quite enrapt in the world of Sookie Stackhouse. I read all the books, including the short stories last week--that last one was a strange one!, and my friends all read the books and watch True Blood on HBO, which is based on the books. So, we had the brilliant idea to dress up as the characters for Halloween. I was Sookie's poor, murdered grandmother Adele (hence the fake blood), EJ was Sookie, CG was "Foiled Hair" Eric, JG was "Vampy" Pam, JH was "Flapper" Lorena, DH was "Crispy" Bill, AG was Andy Bellefleur, B was Jason Stackhouse, J&N were Sam and Mary Ann. Sorry, you're going to have to bribe me for a picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment