Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cinderella

I was in a fairy tale mood this week, so I reread a book from a kid lit class I took in college: Ella Enchanted. Very satisfying retelling of the Cinderella tale. Smart girl; realistic growing of a relationship, and some fairy godmothers who aren't perfect.

And now I'm watching the classic: Walt Disney's Cinderella. It's funny the things you notice when you rewatch a movie from your childhood. Here's the line in Cinderella that stood out to me: "Leave the sewing to the women." I'm pretty sure the outcry at such a line would stop it from being included now, no matter how well it fits the song. Of course, the entire outline of this movie follows along those same lines. But you know what? I still like it. Whether it is the nostalgia or the happily ever after, I'm a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment