Monday, July 4, 2011

Celebrating Independence

Today I'm celebrating Independence Day by doing exactly what I want to do. Which today boils down to very little. I'm enjoying the freedom to watch a little TV, cook some lunch, wash clothes, organize some of my living space, and write to you. Without anyone limiting me. It is fabulous.

The United States isn't perfect. But it is a great place to live. Today I'm going to forget about state shutdowns and sports team lockouts and the stagnant economy. And I'm going to be thankful for the many people that have made and do make my country great.

Thank you to the men and women who dreamed up our country and fought to make it happen. And thanks for all the women and men who fight to keep it free, and work to make it prosperous.

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment