Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oscars, Lost, Mentalist, and bad reality TV

I watched the Oscars on Sunday. I'm not sure when the last time I watched an entire Awards show was, but it has been awhile. It always helps to know someone who really cares and talks about it so you know what is going on (thanks, Jen!) It also helps to have your roommates watch with you so you can talk about gowns, crazy speeches, and lame cut shots of exes.

My biggest feeling after watching the Oscars: wanting to be a part of an inclusive group like that again...really collaborative...team-like. I was on a lot of teams and in a lot of groups in my younger years...I kinda miss that. Plus, I think working on movies would be incredibly fun hard work.

Becky (one of the aforementioned roommates) wanted me to mention The Mentalist because every time she has that show on it sucks me in...he is just so charismatic and interesting; his interpersonal skills are so unique; and he is so cute. He is also surrounded by amusing side characters. Still, I haven't made the leap into knowing when it is on to keep watching...

I do, however, make a date for Lost each week. (No, not an actually date, but I know when it is on even if I can't watch it then...) This season has been great from my point of view. I'm excited they are back and can't wait to see what crazy things the producers have cooked up...somehow I don't think they are in the same time as the other survivors yet, but I've been wrong before. I was right, however, in my guess that the helicopter pilot, Frank, was the pilot on the Ajira flight--I could not have been more excited, as everyone I talked to about the show in the last week will tell you (since I made sure to point this fact out to them.)

Bad reality TV--yep, I'm still embarrassed, but my roommates and I watched the finale of True Beauty this week (at least its over!) It was painful, but at least the person we thought should win did: she was, in essence, the least vain person in the house. I was mildly shocked when I realized how little intelligence the finalists had. For some reason, I think the average person is brighter than they are--must be because I have so many highly intelligent roommates, friends, and family members. :)

1 comment:

  1. I fell into the True Beauty trap for a few episodes...I should probably be embarrassed of that, but what can I say?

    Wasn't it ridiculous how unintelligent some of those contestants were? I was convinced that some of it had to be fake!

    ReplyDelete