Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Weekend Viewing

It is always strange to watch a classic movie--you hear enough about it, but no details. So when I watched Psycho, the Bates motel was kinda familiar, and I knew Norman was crazy (the title kind of clues you in) but I still couldn't quite go with my gut. I thought maybe his mom really was dead, but I kept second guessing myself. I guess that's the brilliance of Hitchcock. No repeat viewing scheduled.

Pride was your typical triumphant sports movie--figure out who you are, bind together to overcome, and challenge the assumptions of others. Decent movie, nothing exceptional. Don't feel the need to ever watch it again.

And finally, as a bonus, I watched Another Cinderella Story. First of all, I love cheesy movies. But they need to have a twist--too predictable and I feel like I wasted my time. So some of the plot details must be different. I was pleasantly surprised that this one moved forward pretty quickly. "Prince Charming" was more together than he often is--it drives me nuts when he runs into the girl 8 times before tying it all together. This movie was pretty much what I expected and managed to pleasantly surprise me. Probably won't be watching it again, but won't shut the door on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment